viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2009

New Collection: Pre-Raphaelites Tribute

I made this blog to be abble to keep an history of my new art collection: a tribute to the Pre-Raphaelites!

I´m a French-Spanish painter and thanks to them, 11 years ago, I found my own style.
Being a self-taught painter, I first copy the Art Masters and then, found my own path.
I love their romantic touch, their realism, the dreamy atmosphere that their beautiful paintings transmit to the spectators. They really gave sense to the definition of the word "ART".

Like them, I think that you have to be able to dream looking at an artwork and that you have to seduce the spectators with beauty! So, It´s what I´m trying to do...
My new oil paintings serie, is my way to thank them! I don´t pretend to copy them, I just want to make an interpretation of some of their masterpieces, in my own style meaning my spanish and Art-Nouveau touch.
So, in this blog, I will show my drawings studies, photos I take of my models and, of course, the oil paintings on canvas.

Hope, you´ll enjoy my new collection, and I would apreciate to have some comments!

" Destiny" - Oil/canvas - 55x65 cm - 2009


"The Blue Closet" - oil/canvas - 100x65 cm - 2009




"The Lady of Shalott" - oil/canvas - 116x89 cm - 2009




"Pygmalion" - oil/canvas - 100x65 - 2009



"Circe giving the cup to Odysseus" - oil/canvas - 100x65 cm - 2009





"Study for Destiny" - drawing/paper w/ gold & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009



"Study for Medea" - drawing/paper w/ gold, silver & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009




"Study for Melody of the 7 Towers" - drawing/paper w/ gold & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009



"Study for Ophelia" - drawing/paper w/ gold & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009



"Study A Mermaid" - drawing/paper w/ gold & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009


"Study for Zefyr & Flora" - drawing/paper w/ gold & red acrylic painting - 50x70 cm - 2009

2 comentarios:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me a heads-up on this! Your work is really beautiful. I love how you retain the feel of the Pre-Raphaelite style, while changing it to reflect your own style as well. My favorite is the "Destiny" piece. I would love to see details of these!

    Would you mind if I shared this link/your work in my blog?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Grace! Tahnk you so much for your comment!I´m really glad you love my artworks!!!

    ResponderEliminar